XXIII National Congress of the Bulgarian Anatomical Society with international participationOctober 5, 2017 – October 7, 2017
55 years department of Anatomy, Histology and Embriology, Medical University - Varna
Bulgarian Anatomical Society
Department of Anatomy, histology and embryology
Medical University - Varna
- All aspects of morphological sciences
- Workshops on virtual microscopy, cadaver preservation and automated histology
- Round-table discussion on classical and original ideas in anatomy teaching
Registration and abstract submission will be online. Please do not send registration/abstract data by e-mail.
REGISTRATION AND REGISTRATION FEE
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 15 April 2017 Registration and abstract submission opens
- 10 September 2017 Registration and abstract submission closes
- 20 September 2017 Confirmation of acceptance of abstracts
Symposium „Neurogenesis in Developing and Adult Primate Brain - Challenges for Therapeutic Applications“
Neurogenesis in the Developing and Adult Primate Brain - Challenges for Therapeutic ApplicationsMay 19, 2017 – May 20, 2017
May 19-20, 2017, Varna, Bulgaria
The generation of new neurons in the mammalian brain is robust during the embryonic life and continues at low levels in specific adult brain niches throughout adulthood. Some of the mechanisms of neurogenesis appear to differ between primates (monkeys and humans) and non-primate species. The Primate Neurogenesis Symposium has the ambition of bringing together prominent investigators paving the road from basic neuroscience to translational neuroregeneration and clinicians, neurologists and neurosurgeons, who will benefit from the discussions on the ground-breaking research topics. Major focus of the meeting will be on the specific characteristics of the primate neural progenitor cells that relate to the unique features of the primate brain, the localization and extend of neurogenesis in the adult primate nervous system, as well as opportunities and challenges of this recently emerging research field.
- Gregor Eichele (MPI-BPC, Göttingen, Germany)
- Anastassia Stoykova (MPI-BPC, Göttingen, Germany)
- Anton Tonchev ( MU-Varna, Bulgaria)
- Victor Borrell (UMH, Alicante, Spain)
- Colette Dehay (SBRI, Lyon, France)
- Fiona Doetsch (Uni Basel, Switzerland)
- Thorsten R. Döppner (UMG, Göttingen, Germany)
- Magdalena Götz (Helmholtz Center Munich, Germany)
- Hagen Huttner (Uni Hospital Erlangen, Germany)
- Wieland B. Huttner (MPI-CBG, Dresden, Germany)
- Gerd Kempermann (DZNE, Dresden, Germany)
- Zaal Kokaia (Lund Stem Cell Center, Lund, Sweden)
- Paul Lucassen (Swammerdam Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Olivier Raineteau (SBRI, Lyon, France)
- Dimitre Staykov (Uni Hospital Erlangen, Germany)
- Barbara Treutlein (MPI-EVA, Leipzig, Germany)
- Tran Tuoc (UMG, Göttingen, Germany)
The symposium will take place at Festival and Congress Centre - Varna, Press Conference Hall.
The Hall can be reached via the middle entrance (positioned between the automatic sliding door of the main entrance and the bookstore's entrance) and then via either the elevator or the stairs going down to the last floor.
For four consecutive years now, the students of Medical University “Prof. Paraskev Stoyanov” have managed to organize an excellent international student conference for young scientists in the medical field. This congress, which takes place in the lovely Maritime Capital of Bulgaria is aptly named the “Black Sea Symposium for Young Scientists in Biomedicine”, in short BSYSB.
The previous year, the symposium attracted the presence of around 500 capable students and young doctors from around the globe, which were eager to present their fascinating scientific findings. They were met with a pleasant social program and were given the opportunity to discuss their topics of interest with fellow colleagues.
Allow us to present to you the 5th annual edition of this now traditional event. For your personal pleasure and your academic development we have prepared enjoyable leisure activities, varied, engaging and though-provoking sessions and affluent guest lecturers, which are leaders in their respective field.
The conference will take place between the 6th and the 9th of April 2017.
Black Sea Symposium for Young Scientists in Biomedicine 2017April 6, 2017 – April 9, 2017
The Black Sea Symposium for Young Scientists in Biomedicine is organised by the Students’ Union at the Medical University of Varna, the Association of Medical Students - Varna , the Association of Dental Medicine Students-Varna and the Association of Pharmacy Students -Varna.
The congress is for all the students and graduates in specialties, related to Biomedicine.
The entire program is held in English.
Participants receive the right to:
- Present their research at oral and poster sessions to their fellow participants
- Have their work published in the "Varna Medical Forum"
- Attend the presentations of guest lecturers from around the globe
- Take part in a varied social program
NuGO week 2017August 28, 2017 – August 31, 2017
NuGO annual conference in 2017 will be held for the first time in the Eastern Europe and will be hosted by Medical University of Varna. The scientific programme includes plenary lectures from leading experts and scientific reports in the innovative research fields of Nutrigenomics, Molecular Nutrition, Personalized Medicine and Systems Biology. The parallel programme of the conference will include a pre-NuGO week course “Advances in the use of new technologies in molecular nutrition studies” for young researchers, PhD students and post-docs (26-28 August 2017), the NuGO General Assembly meeting, NuGO partners and EU projects meetings.
Fourth Pharmaceutical Business Forum and Scientific and Practical Conference
Third Pharmaceutical Business Forum and Scientific and Practical ConferenceOctober 7, 2016 – October 9, 2016
The Faculties of Pharmacy, Dental Medicine, Medicine, Public Health, and the Medical College at the Medical University of Varna, together with the Bulgarian Pharmaceutical Union, have the pleasure of inviting representatives from the spheres of pharmacy and medicine, pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies, companies for medical supplies, dental health, leading experts in pharmaceutical practice, as well as lecturers, graduates, PhD candidates, and students from the faculties of pharmacy, medicine, dental medicine, public health, and the medical colleges in Bulgaria, to participate in the Third Pharmaceutical Business Forum and Scientific and Practical Conference which will take place on October 7-9, 2016 in Varna.
The Forum will provide exhibitions of pharmaceutical and dental companies as well as medical cosmetics companies. They will be situated at the Faculty of Pharmacy, the Faculty of Dental Medicine, and the Medical College.
The education module is part of the program for continuing education of the Masters of Pharmacy in accordance with the Law of Health and the Law of the Professional Association of Masters of Pharmacy. The module received accreditation from the Quality Commission of the Bulgarian Pharmaceutical Union. The Master of Pharmacy receives a standard certificate for the educational course after paying a fee.
Faculty of Pharmacy
Varna, 84 Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd
AIM OF THE CONFERENCE
The aim of the Forum is to present innovative products and services, modern scientific and practical research of the pharmaceutical, medical and dental faculties in Bulgaria, the faculties of public health, medical colleges, a round table for contact exchange between pharmacy students and their future employers, as well as providing modules from the program for continuing education for Masters of Pharmacy for 2016.
- Dental Medicine
- Public Healthcare
APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
- Proceedings and/or posters and abstracts of scientific and practical messages in the field of pharmacy, dental medicine, medicine, public health, and health care from students and PhD candidates are accepted only in electronic format by September 7, 2016.
- The deadline for pharmaceutical companies participating in the exhibition is September 9, 2016.
- The deadline for enrolling in the module from the program for continuing education for Masters of Pharmacy, members of the BPU is October 6, 2016.
Requirements for participation:
- The abstracts should not exceed 250 words. For more information about the formatting of the abstracts, visit the Scripta Scientifica Pharmaceutica website
- The oral presentations should not be longer than 10 minutes (regardless of the number of authors, only one author will be presenting )
- The required poster size is 100/70 cm (portrait-oriented).
- Students and PhD candidates: Assoc. prof. Milka Nashar, PhD, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 0888 443 544;
- Pharmaceutical companies participating in the exhibition: Assist. Prof. Ivo Kumanov, e-mail: email@example.com, phone : 0887840652;
- Continuing education for Masters of Pharmacy: Rada Pehlivanova – Master of Pharmacy, Head of the Regional Pharmaceutical Association-Varna
Students, PhD candidates and participants in the continuing education for Masters of Pharmacy – no fee;
Fee for participation with a company stand – 600 lv
- The fee consist of a two-day rent for an information stand with the size of 6 sq.m. or the company’s own stand of a similar size, including an invitation for two for the official dinner on October 8, 2016.
Registration fee with a company presentation - 300 lv
- Duration – 15 min. When providing sponsorship, the participants are eligible for a discount applied to the participation fees.
The registration fee is payable only via a bank wire.
Medical University of Varna
IBAN: BG24 STSA 9300 3100 0407 00
Cherno More Hotel
VI National Conference of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic SurgerySeptember 8, 2016 – September 11, 2016
The Bulgarian Association of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (BAMIGS) - the organizer of this conference with international participation - would like to share with you the growing success of the endoscopic surgery in the recent years. It will present to you a unique programme covering each one of your fields. The programme of the congress includes lectures by national and international guests, presentations, video sessions and real-time surgery.
The First Conference with International Participation, Health Care - Contribution to the Quality of LifeSeptember 29, 2016 – September 30, 2016
For the first time the Sea Capital Varna will host a scientific event with international participation dedicated to nursing care. The demand for knowledgeable and capable specialists grows constantly. The opinion and advice of experienced specialists in nursing is of crucial importance for the progress in research and the advancement in this field. All this made us confident to seek for the best specialists to share their experience and good practice. Together we will make a step forward towards a better healthcare tomorrow.
The Conference is organized by the Department of Nursing Care at the Faculty of Public Health, Medical University of Varna and will be held within the framework of the 55th Anniversary of MU- Varna, the 15th Anniversary of the Faculty of Public Health and the 10th Anniversary of the Department of Nursing Care.
The Conference is under the auspices of Prof. Krasimir Ivanov, MD, PhD, DSc, Rector of the Medical University “Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov” - Varna
X International Symposium on Clinical AnatomyOctober 6, 2016 – October 8, 2016
The Symposium is organized by:
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology
Medical University “Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov” – Varna, Bulgaria
- Clinical anatomy of the musculoskeletal, nervous, cardiovascular, and digestive system
- Workshops on creating virtual microscope slides, cadaver preservation and automated histology
- Special session on classical and original ideas in anatomy teaching
Registration and abstract submission will be online via a website, which will be provided by early June 2016. Please, use only the online form and do not send registration/abstract data by e-mail.
REGISTRATION AND REGISTRATION FEE
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 25 June 2016 Registration and abstract submission opens
- 20 September 2016 Registration and abstract submission closes
- 25 September 2016 Confirmation of acceptance of abstracts
Registration fee - 50 BGN (25 Euro). No fee for students.
The bank account (in EURO) is:
Medical University of Varna
Bank DSK Ltd
IBAN: BG05 STSA 9300 3400 0407 02
When you make a reservation at the chosen hotel, please explicitly state that you are participant(s) at a scientific event organized by the Medical University – Varna: the Symposium of Clinical Anatomy.
1.Hotel Cherno more ****
Price per room /BB
Double renovated room
60 lv/30 euro
Double comfort renovated room
70 lv/35 euro
Double large renovated room
90 lv/45 euro
Double deluxe room
130 lv/65 euro
30 lv/15 euro
* Extra bed is available only in large and deluxe rooms!
No reduction for SGL use!
For reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.Swiss-Belhotel & SPA Varna*****
Price per room /BB
140 lv/ 70 euro
90 lv/ 45 euro
For reservations: email@example.com
Price per room /BB
110 lv/ 55 euro
90 lv/ 45 euro
For reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your participation at the symposium.