NuGO Association and Medical University of Varna
kindly invite you to attend the
NuGO week 2017
“Molecular nutrition – understanding how food influences health”
28 – 31 August 2017
Bulgaria, Varna, Sunny Day Resort, The Palace Hotel
NuGO annual conference in 2017 will be held for the first time in the Eastern Europe and will be hosted by Medical University of Varna. The scientific programme includes plenary lectures from leading experts and scientific reports in the innovative research fields of Nutrigenomics, Molecular Nutrition, Personalized Medicine and Systems Biology. The parallel programme of the conference will include a pre-NuGO week course on new technologies in nutrigenomics research for young researchers, PhD students and post-docs (26-28 August 2017), the NuGO General Assembly meeting, NuGO partners and EU projects meetings.
PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME OF INVITED LECTURES
Session “Precision Medicine”
* Yves A. Lussier, University of Arizona, US
* Xu Lin, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, CN
Session “New Development in (Nutritional) Genetics”
* John Burn, Newcastle University, UK
* Kari Stefansson, deCODE Genetics, IS
Session “The Application of Phenotypic Flexibility in Nutrition Research”
* Hannelore Daniel, Technical University Munich, DE
Session “Diet and Cancer Prevention”
* Richard Mithen, Institute of Food Research, UK
* Young-Joon Surh, Seoul National University, KR / President Asia Pacific Nutrigenomics and Nutrigenetics Organisation (APNNO)
Session “Adipose and Related Tissues”
* Saverio Cinti, University of Ancona, IT
ONLINE REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSIONS
- Abstract submission will start on February 6 2017: HERE
- You can register for the conference from HERE
- Submit your Hotel Reservation Form after February 6 2017 HERE
- Senior scientist, Posdocs and PhD students are encouraged to submit an abstract.
- Abstracts should be submitted at the latest on Wednesday May 31, 2017
- Abstracts will be reviewed, after which a selection will be considered for an oral presentation. All other abstracts will be considered for a poster presentation.
- Authors will be notified about the acceptance of their contribution after June 12, 2017
- All selected abstracts will be included in a Book of Abstracts of NuGOweek 2017 as a Supplement of Scripta Scientifica Pharmaceutica.
- Please note, if an abstract is submitted, registration and payment of the conference fee should be made at the latest on July 15, 2017 to ensure your abstract to be included in the book of abstracts.
А PhD course “Advances in the use of new technologies in molecular nutrition studies” will be held on August 25-27, 2017
Host: Prof. Diana Ivanova, DSc, NuGO Executive Committee member, Medical University Varna;
Contact: Assoc. Prof. Milka Nashar, PhD, Medical University Varna, e-mail: email@example.com
Finances: Mrs. Ingeborg van Leeuwen-Bol, NuGO Association, Wageningen, The Netherlands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful links and Social Media
- NuGO official webpage
- Information about Varna
- Advertising video
- Conference venue
- Join the NuGO week 2017 Facebook group