Candidate students can now purchase the workbook with sample biology admission tests in Bulgarian for students applying for the specialties “Midwife” and “Nurse” in the Medical College of Varna. The book, collected by prof. Dobri Ivanov, contains 20 tests on various topics related to biology for medical purposes.
Each of the tests consists of 20 multiple-choice questions and 10 gap-fill exercises.
Table of contents:
- Tissues – epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous
- Internal liquid medium. Properties of blood plasma
- Blood cells
- Heart and blood vessels. Circulation – large and small circle
- Respiratory system
- Nutrition and digestion (without digestion in the mouth, stomach and intestines)
- Proteins. Polypeptide chains
- Structure and properties of proteins
- Nucleic acids. DNA and RNA
- Viruses – the border between animate and inanimate
- Structure of eukaryotic cells
- Providing the cell with an existence program
- Chromosomes – carriers of the cell program
- Cell division. Mitosis. Meiosis
- Monohybrid cross
- Dihybrid cross. Mendel’s laws
- Reproduction of animals and humans
- Individual development
- Comparative anatomic, comparative physiological, comparative embryological and palaeontological evidence of evolution
The book can be found both in the bookshop of the Medical University of Varna or in the online shop of the university’s press house.